Warranty & Returns
How long is the warranty on my product?
All of our products have a minimum 90 day warranty. Generally our warranties are 1 year for standard CCTV products, 3 years for Alibi security products (blanket warranty), 3 years for our DIGIOP IP security products, and 3 years for The BLACK Line cameras from the date of purchase. We honor the manufacturer warranties on all of our third party products.
What IS covered by my product warranty?
Your product warranty covers any product malfunctions or product defects that prevent your product from working properly.
What is NOT covered by my product warranty?
The warranty does not cover any product that is modified from its original factory condition, any damages incurred during shipment, acts of nature, does not cover any damage due to vandalism, or any damages due to the improper installation of the product. (This includes not following instructions, installing your own hard drive in a DVR, cutting cables, cutting connectors off of a camera, or any modifications to your camera.)
What is an Alibi 3-Year Blanket Warranty?
Our Alibi 3-Year Blanket Warranty covers your entire purchase, with no asterisks and no exceptions! The warranty covers all Alibi camera and recorder hardware and components, and pre-installed hard drives. If you have an issue, we provide unlimited technical support – and manage all returns and exchanges directly, minimizing unnecessary down-time.
What’s Covered by the Warranty?
- DVRs: physical recorders, components, fans, and pre-installed hard drives
- Cameras: imagers, components, built-in IR illuminators, housings, brackets and accessories
- PTZ Cameras: imagers, components, pan/tilt motors, and housings
- All Technologies: analog, HD-TVI, and IP
Learn more about the Alibi 3-Year Blanket Warranty »
What do I do if my product is not working?
Call your sales consultant or call our Technical Support department at 877-797-7377. Our knowledgeable consultants are available to assist you Monday through Friday, from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. CST.
What do I need to do to send my product in for repair or replacement?
- Call Tech Support at 877-797-7377.
- They will first try to help you troubleshoot your product.
- If your product needs repair/replacement, you will be issued an RMA (Returned Merchandise Authorization) number by one of our Tech Support representatives.
- Pack the product carefully with any parts and accessories that were included with the product.
- Write the RMA number clearly on the exterior shipping box. (Never write the RMA number on the original product packaging) Be sure to also include the RMA number in the ATTN line on your shipping label.
- Not including this information on the exterior shipping box will cause delays in the processing of your RMA
- Ship the product back to us:
Security Cameras Direct
11000 N Mopac Expressway, Building 300
Austin, TX 78759
Who pays for the shipping of my RMA product?
WITHIN the first 30 days of purchase: In the event of a manufacturing defect, we will cover all shipping charges to and from your location, and our Tech Support department will issue shipping labels upon request.
AFTER the first 30 days of purchase: You pay to ship the RMA product to us and we will pay for anything we ship back to you.
What is an RMA number?
An RMA (Returned Merchandise Authorization) number is required any time you ship a product back to us (e.g. credit, warranty, repair, etc).
Why do I need an RMA number? Why can’t I just ship the product back to you?
RMA numbers allow us to quickly identify any returned product, ensure that we get it to the right location, and efficiently allow us to reference the returned item to your order. Failure to obtain and clearly display your RMA number causes major delays in our product resolution process
What is covered in my 30-day Money-Back Guarantee?
If you are not completely satisfied with your product, you have 30 days from the date of purchase to return the product for an exchange of the product or receive a credit for the original purchase price; shipping and handling charges are not refundable. In-store credits issued at the discretion of Supercircuits expire within one year of issuance.
Please NOTE the following points of our return policy:
- All returned product must be accompanied by an RMA number and returned in our original packing materials in new condition
- 'New' condition means that the product is in the condition you received it, is unmodified, and includes all parts accessories and documentation
- Please be sure to pack your product carefully in its original packaging and then in another box to ship back to us
- Failure to return products in the proper condition may result in a refusal of the return or may be subject to a minimum of a 15% restocking fee
- Covert items, DVRs, VCRs and all other recording devices are subject to a minimum of a 15% restocking fee
- Special orders, custom built items and opened software may not be returned
What if my product is not repairable?
If your product is under warranty you will receive a replacement unit that is comparable to what you originally purchased.
Will my replacement product be new?
Depending on availability of inventory, your product may be new or refurbished.
© 2015 Security Cameras Direct, 11000 North Mopac Expressway, Building 300, Austin, TX 78759